The Catholic faith has always had a deeply intertwined relationship with food. Whether it is the apple in the Garden of Eden, The Manna from Heaven, The Passover Meal, The MIracle of the Wine, The Multiplication of the Fish and Loaves, or the Eucharist itself, food plays a central role in our faith.
But there are common foods that you eat every day, that if it were not for the Catholic Church, you probably wouldn’t eat.
In this episode, the guys discuss the Catholic origin of 4 of your favorite foods and the history behind them.
You Might also like
By The Catholic Talk Show — 4 weeks ago
In this episode of The Catholic Talk Show, the guys are joined by historian Steve Weidenkopf to discuss the news that The Hagia Sophia will be converted into a mosque, its history, the Fall of Constantinople, Islam, and more.
In this episode, we will discuss:
• Why has Turkey decided to convert The Hagia Sophia
• What will happen to the priceless mosaics in the Hagia Sophia?
• The massacre inside the Hagia Sophia during the fall of Constantinople
• What historically motivated Islam to conquer Christian people?
• The secret Divine Liturgy illegally celebrated in Hagia Sophia
• and much more
About Steve Weidenkopf:
Post Views: 1,249
- Official Website: https://steveweidenkopf.com/
- Timeless: A History of The Catholic Church – Buy The Book
- Follow Steve on Twitter
By The Catholic Talk Show — 4 months ago
In this episode of The Catholic Talk Show, the guys are joined by Fr. Elias Rafaj to discuss The Eastern Rite Catholic Churches and the similarities and differences from the Latin Catholic Rite.
In this episode, you will learn:
• What are the 23 Eastern Rite Churches?
• What are the major differences between East & West?
• Do Eastern Catholics use the Filioque?
• Why do we make the Sign of The Cross different?
• Can Roman Catholics receive Eucharist in the Eastern Churches?
• Who were the 5 Ancient Patriarchs?
• Why does the East use leavened bread?
• and much more
Show Links & Resources:Post Views: 2,449
By The Catholic Talk Show — 9 months ago
In this episode of The Catholic Talk Show, the guys are joined by Father Sean Kilcawley to discuss the dangers and impact of pornography and how you can find freedom from porn and shame.
In this episode, you will learn
• What does the Catholic Church teach about pornography?
• Is masturbation a Mortal Sin?
• Sobering statistics about pornography use
• Practical steps to quit using porn
• Ways to protect your children from a sex-obsessed culture
• and much more!
Show Links & Resources:
From Poland to Rome: 100 Years of Pope St. John Paul II Pilgrimage: Learn More
Exodus 90: exodus90.com
Covenant Eyes: covenanteyes.com (use code CatholicTalk to get 30 days free)
Clean Heart Online:
Covenant Eyes Pornography Stats:
International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals:
https://iitap.com/Post Views: 4,502