Did you know McDonald’s Filet-o-Fish was created in 1962 in Ohio because of Catholic Lenten practices and a bet about fish versus pineapple? Here’s the story…
This an excerpt from Episode 25 of The Catholic Talk Show “Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, & Catholic Lenten Traditions”
You Might also like
By The Catholic Talk Show — 1 year ago
In this episode of The Catholic Talk Show, the guys are joined by Father Sean Kilcawley to discuss the dangers and impact of pornography and how you can find freedom from porn and shame.
In this episode, you will learn
• What does the Catholic Church teach about pornography?
• Is masturbation a Mortal Sin?
• Sobering statistics about pornography use
• Practical steps to quit using porn
• Ways to protect your children from a sex-obsessed culture
• and much more!
Show Links & Resources:
From Poland to Rome: 100 Years of Pope St. John Paul II Pilgrimage: Learn More
Exodus 90: exodus90.com
Covenant Eyes: covenanteyes.com (use code CatholicTalk to get 30 days free)
Clean Heart Online:
Covenant Eyes Pornography Stats:
International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals:
https://iitap.com/Post Views: 5,913
By The Catholic Talk Show — 3 months ago
In this episode of The Catholic Talk Show, the guys explore reasons why the canonization of 10 famous Catholics hasn’t (yet) happened.
In this episode, we will discuss:
• Has Ven. Fulton Sheen’s cause been stalled by politics?
• Why being buried alive prevented a canonization
• The unjust slander against Pope Pius XII
• Did a kiss from a girl stall the cause of Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati?
• Was G.K. Chesterton Anti-Semitic?
• Why Emperor Charlemagne is not considered a Saint
• and much more
Post Views: 2,167
By The Catholic Talk Show — 2 years ago
In this episode of The Catholic Talk Show, the guys talk about mind-blowing facts about the Shroud of Turin, including the earliest historical mentions of the Shroud, the science behind the Shroud, and other facts that make the Shroud the most interesting single object on the face of the Earth.
In this episode you’ll learn:
• The ancient Hungarian codex that may be the oldest reference of the Shroud
• What are the Vignon markings and how do they prove authenticity
• The scientific study of pollen on the Shroud that ties the Shroud to Jerusalem
• How the Sudarium of Oviedo connects with the Shroud
• The amazing electromagnetic finding scientists found when they opened Christ’s tomb
• And much more!
Post Views: 6,087